Spotlight Lacrosse Directors
Coach Stagnitta has extensive experience in the camp and exposure events business having served as a college & professional coach for over 30 years. He founded the MVP Lacrosse Camps in 1998 and then created the MVP Team Tournaments in 2004. The MVP Tournaments were one of the original Team Exposure Events and considered the Gold standard which set the stage and template for all of the Team Tournaments that follow.
His teaching camps focused on providing attendees with high level coaching staffs at top notch facilities while on the exposure event side the focus was providing athletes and college coaches alike with an environment that allowed for high level play and easy evaluation. This was accomplished through attention to detail , staffing and providing the special add-ons to create a positive and sustainable experience. His experience as both a coach, recruiter and parent of a college athlete provides unique understanding and insight to create a great event.
- Assistant Coach University of Pennsylvania 1988-1990
- Head Coach Washington and Lee University 1990-2001
- Head Coach Rutgers University 2002-2011
- Head Coach Denver Outlaws Major League Lacrosse 2012-2014
- Assistant Coach University of Pennsylvania 2014-2016
- Head Coach Charlotte Hounds Major League Lacrosse 2016-2018
- Head Coach Whipsnakes Lacrosse Club Premier Lacrosse League 2019-Present
- 2003 Division 1 NCAA Coach of Year
- 2013 MLL Coach of the Year
- 2016 MLL Coach of the Year
- 2019 PLL Championship – Whipsnakes Lacrosse Club
Mike Murphy took over The Hill boys’ lacrosse team in 2018 after spending the past 22 years as a collegiate lacrosse coach. For the seven years prior to his arrival at Hill, Mike was the head men’s lacrosse coach at Colgate University, and he previously was an assistant coach at West Point for eight years, Denison University for two years, and several other universities.
A native of Beverly, Mass., Mike attended the University of New Hampshire, where he was a four-year member of the Wildcats’ men’s lacrosse team. Mike has been a NCAA certified recruiter since 2003 and leverages his extensive NCAA experience to provide our student-athletes with invaluable guidance as they navigate the complex college athletic recruiting process.